Thursday, December 16, 2004

sittin' on the edge of my bed...

wasting time.

i just got done watching the OC and reading forum posts discussing the episode. yes, i am a nerd. north shore is on TV. it sucks.

i'm finally able to get online at club ocho (aka my apartment) after a very trying and difficult ordering and installation process. since i have an airport express card in my swanky iBook and the fact that the phone jack is inconveniently located, i ordered a wireless modem. i was so excited after i ordered the service and modem back in november. everyday i would dream of chillin' on the futon or dining table downloading songs from iTunes or writing my weekly sex column for a trashy, free city newspaper. in my dreams i would be wireless. only plugging in to charge the battery, for iBook cannot run on love alone.

yeah, so none of that is happening.

stupid, incompetant SBC fucked up my modem order TWICE! and changed the date that DSL service would be available. when i finally got the right modem last friday (a month after i originally ordered it) i had to wait until wednesday to actually be able to activiate my account. i got online and then had issues with setting up the wireless network. after a call to a very wierd SBC technical support rep, i got wireless. but now for some dumb reason i have to sit on my bed about a foot away from the modem to actually get this shit to work. i finally gave up and plugged in the ethernet cable which really sucks cause this modem cost me $50. the non-wireless modem was free.

so now the 10 o'clock news is on TV (i heart dennis richmond!) and i'm sitting on my bed, online not wireless.

i guess it could be worse. i could have dial-up AOL.

No comments: