Tuesday, July 15, 2008

change location, change attitude

so, in august, i will celebrate my 3 year anniversary at my present job. i'm hoping to not reach that milestone.

i've been rather indifferent about this job since the beginning. i walked out of the interview thinking "man, that bitch is irritating as fuck!", referring to my current boss. i can read people like a book. it's a gift. i should have listened to that feeling, but the allure of more skrilla and not being somewhere i hated was just too tempting. so the newness of it all faded quickly. after a full academic year, i had learned most of what i needed to know and just coasted by. my boss grew more and more irritating. (how many fucking times do i have to hear about the camping trips you take with your dog?) i spent more and more time online and the monotony grew into indifference.

within the last 6 months, that indifference turned into all out rage so i actively started looking for a job. on thursday, i turned in my application for what, on paper, seems like a perfect job. i got a call today. i have an interview on monday.

right before i dropped off my application i called my mom. she just finished reading "the secret" by rhonda byrne and i asked her to use her new found powers to hook a sista up. SECRET!

3 comments:

Aub said...

I'm in the exact same situation at my job, so I know your pain. What's worse is that everybody thinks my job sounds fun. It's sort'a the opposite. If your job bores you, then you should, by all means, ditch it.

P.S. I've read most of "The Secret" and I'll just tell you this much...

According to the book, if you are at all cynical, pessimistic or act in any way other than a medicated smiley-faced zombie... [inhale]...then you're doomed to die broke, penniless and alone surrounded by cats face down in a microwave pot pie. Good luck with the job.

mones said...

thanks :-)

re: the secret...my friend made me watch the accompanying DVD and, as sure as water is wet, my cynical, sarcastic side went into overdrive. i just can't be a smiley-faced zombie. my body rejects it.

LilSass said...

MONES!! Aub found your way to me from my blog. SO FUN!!! Glad I could spread the love sistergirlfriend