Tuesday, October 12, 2004

go shorty, it (was) your birthday!

we gonna party like it (was) your birthday...

another year has come and gone. yesterday, my friends, i turned 27. i can hardly believe it. what the hell happened? one minute i'm all pumped about turning 15 and finally being able to wear makeup (which was NOT a promise that was kept, thank you very much, MOM!) to sitting at my desk yesterday morning staring at my computer screen thinking, "God, i wish i was 15 again".

but wait a minute. do i really wish i was 15 again? don't i always complain about how awful my high school years were? aren't i traumatized enough? is that really a time i want to re-live?!

kinda...

of course it's always a wish amended with "knowing what i know now". knowing what i know now, i definitely would have re-thought some of my 'fashion' choices. i wouldn't have acted like such a desperate spaz a lot of the time. nor would i have all those extremely embarrasing moments that i keep locked away in my memory. you know the ones that sometimes find a way of getting out. and those feelings of embarrassment and humiliation take you over while you are sitting in traffic on I80 in emeryville and make you want to get out of your car, crawl over the center divider and walk head-on into oncoming traffic?! yeah, those.

but that can't happen. i'm 27 and my life is what it is. and what it is, is great. i have a loving family and great friends. 2 of the things that i love most in the world, yet 2 of the things i don't appreciate enough. i may hate my job but, not everyone is lucky enough to get a paycheck every month. a big plus: it's a state job. this means that no matter how much time i spend online and writing stuff for my blog, i can't get fired. i will soon move into a KICK ASS studio apartment courtesy of my friend, sara. her move is my gain ;-) life is pretty good.

i like to kick, streeeetch, and kick....I'M 27!!!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Mons, sorry i missed your cumple, but you know i love you!!! can i take you to chow to celebrate?

mones said...

since when does anyone need to ask me to go to chow!?

Anonymous said...

uuuuhhhh......my bad :( i am too incredibly fucked up these days in thesis overload. but you know i love ya! i miss ya and hope to see you soon. ~ sandy