Wednesday, October 20, 2004

movin' on up...to a deluxe studio in SF

so, as i touched upon in my last post, i'm moving back to the city after an 18 year (minus 6 months) hiatus. i have a feeling that this is it. the final jump out of the bird's nest i call 1## carlisle way. (the address has been hidden to protect Mones from stalkers.)

how do i feel about this? i'm definitely excited....a nervous kind of excited, but excited nonetheless. i think the financial aspects of it all are what's freaking me out the most, especially since i now have car payments. not cheap car payments. after i convince myself that i will be able to save money and budget (yeah, right) i'll then start to be sad about being away from my family. i know that sounds dumb. i'm 27 years old and i need to grow up and deal. but i find that the older i get the more attached to them i become. i think this has to do with the fact that the 90's were hard on my family. my brother married twice. my parents had to declare bankruptcy. tito and javi were really young and being raised by a series of central american 'nannies'. i fought a lot with my mom and then left for UOP. now, except for the fact that i sleep on the couch, everything is great.


but my delayed single girl in her 20's life and mental health need some attending to. my new digs are exactly 1.2 miles from work. until i find a new (read: better) job, my commute will be cut from 3-4 hours a day to about 20 mins. it's mind boggling. i still can't believe it. 20 freakin minutes! i'll be home everyday before 530pm. 530! it's INSANE! i think i'll start up a new hobbie. maybe i'll start going to the gym again.

so many possibilities. the world is my oyster.

2 comments:

Ambee said...

Congrats Mones, I'm so happy for you! I totally see this as being a good thing for you and I hope to see you more often now.

Anonymous said...

Estoy orgullosa de ti mijita!